Saturday 9 May 2009

Banana Bread

Banana bread is the only cake as opposed to pastry that's acceptable breakfast food. I've been trying to cut down on the old sugar intake but a merciless sweet tooth needs to be fed occasionally, so banana bread that takes it sweetness mostly from the fruit in it seemed a reasonable compromise. Like brownies, there are as many recipes for banana bread as there are bananas in the land but I decided to try out the one from Rachel Allen's Bake! and it is probably the best recipe I've tried for it with lots of nuts, dried fruit and glace cherries. I'm feeling lazy so I won't reproduce the recipe. Have the lovely photos instead:







And I am fully aware that I've recreated 'The Scream' in cake art with the rather wonderfully positioned cherry. Either that or it looks a bit like a sex doll's face.
Anyway, me and Mr. Tarts are off to Rome for a week in 32 hours. As is obvious from the hourly countdown I'm rather excited. Photos will inevitably follow.

No comments:

 
eXTReMe Tracker